If you’ve been digging around our site searching for the best online course platform, Kartra is one that you may have seen come up.
It actually ranks #1 in our best “advanced” platform!
So before starting your trial with Kartra, it’s good to understand a bit more about their pricing and how exactly it compares with other platforms.
Kartra Pricing Overview
Kartra pricing is actually pretty straightforward.
There are 4 plans that can be billed either monthly or yearly to save up to 25%.
Let’s lay this out simply:
- Starter Plan – $99/month ($79/mo paid annually)
- Silver Plan – $199/month ($149/mo paid annually)
- Gold Plan – $299/month ($229/mo paid annually)
- Platinum Plan – $499/month ($379/mo paid annually)
As you can see from the image above, from the Silver plan on, you will have access to everything Kartra has to offer unlimited.
If you want to learn more about what these features are, read our full Kartra review.
The only difference between these 3 plans are two key things:
- Your number “Leads” allowance: this means the amount of contacts (aka your email list) you can have at any given time.
- Your number of custom domains: if you want to associate different pages or products to different domains, then you would need to increase your custom domain allowance.
But, if you just want to get your online course business off the ground and start small to scale later, the Starter plan may be a cost-effective choice.
Now, let’s look into each of these a little more closely:
Kartra Starter Plan
Let’s break down this teaser plan and see exactly who it is for and if it could be enough for you to get started.
The main question to answer here for yourself is: will this be enough or will I need to upgrade pretty quickly?
Here is what to pay attention to:
- 2,500 Leads: most course creators in their early stages have an email list smaller than this. With some regular list cleaning and tidying up, this shouldn’t be a big problem!
- 1 custom domain: if you’re just getting started, having everything on your Kartra website under 1 domain should be just fine.
- 15,000 emails /mo: this of course depends on how often you send emails to your list. But let’s say you have a 1,500 list of subscribers and send 1 email a week, that’s 6,000 emails a month. Now, if you are planning a special launch campaign, which is usually 5-7 emails in 1 week then you may reach that limit pretty quickly…
- 50 GB bandwidth: your storage allowance will probably mostly be taken up by your videos. If you have 2-3 courses with about 15-20 videos each (average 2GB per video), this should be fine. If you plan on having more, then it may be a good reason to upgrade.
The other metrics are relatively self-explanatory, 100 pages should be enough for most beginners, same thing for 20 products (aka courses), 1 Helpdesk and 50 videos.
To summarize, the main reasons to upgrade from the Starter Plan would probably be if your list grows about 2,500 or the bandwidth limit!
How Does Kartra Pricing Compare with Competitors?
Looking through Katra’s pricing plans is useful, but it only matters as much as how it compares to other popular platforms on the market.
In order to compare apples to apples here, we’ll compare Kartra with other all in one platforms with similar features.But if you want to compare platforms in terms of features, see our comparison page.
How does Kartra pricing compare to Kajabi?
Kajabi and Katra are often compared as they are probably two of the most popular all in one.
So it’s fair to see how the pricing matches up and how much value you get for your money!
Kajabi pricing breaks down as follow:
- Basic Plan – $149/month ($119/mo paid annually)
- Growth Plan – $199/month ($159/mo paid annually)
- Pro Plan – $399/month ($319/mo paid annually)
Kajabi does then seem at first glance pricier than Kartra, but it’s first plan (Basic) has much higher allowances for emails (unlimited) and lit size (10,000) than Kartra’s.
To understand the full depth of how these 2 platforms compare, see our dedicated article here.
Overall, you’ll see that Kartra and Kajabi have a lot of similarities and simply cater to slightly different needs.
How does Kartra pricing compare to New Zenler?
New Zenler, although not as mature a platform as Kartra, has been in everyone's mouth in recent years.
Specifically, the platform offers an all-in-one experience at a very affordable price, while it’s still in beta…
Here how it’s pricing breaks down:
- Pro plan - $447 per year (full price will be $1170/year) OR $67 per month
- Premium - $1167 per year (full price will be $5970/year) OR $197 per month
Now, it’s good to mention that Kartra is definitely a much more advanced solution than New Zenler.
So the price, although attractive, needs to be put in perspective!
Here again, if you want to have an in-depth understanding of how both platforms compare, we have a dedicated article on the topic.
The main thing to understand is that New Zenler may be limiting for some course creators, whereas Karta may be too advanced for others!
How does Kartra pricing compare to Teachable?
Teachable is also known as an affordable solution for your online courses.
It’s important to note here that Teachable is not an all-in-one platform, but is so popular that we felt compelled to add it here.
The main difference in terms of features between Teachable and Kartra will be the inability to build funnels and send email campaigns with Teachable.
The platform is only made to sell and deliver your online courses, which explains a lower price point:
So Teachable plans go as follow:
- Basic – $29/month billed annually (or $39 paid monthly)
- Pro – $99/month billed annually (or $119 paid monthly)
- Business – $249/month billed annually (or $299 paid monthly)
To give you an idea of what other tools you might need in order to match Kartra’s feature with Teachable, a funnel builder software will cost around $79/mo and an email marketing tool around $30/mo.
Which means that Teachable and Kartra pricing will be roughly the same…
Kartra Pricing FAQs:
Skipped to the end of the article?
No problem, let’s recap and answer some of the most common questions on Kartra pricing:
1) Tell us what you really think about Kartra and the value for the money!
All in all, and having tested every platform out there, Kartra is really up there when it comes to money/value ratio.
With the amount of features and tools you get, ~$100/mo is really a great price.
Of course there are other criteria to determine whether Kartra is the best fit for you, and that’s why I recommend you check out the full review, but pricing would not be something to be worried about.
2) Does Kartra have any other fee or cost I should know about?
There are no hidden fees or transaction fees to be aware of, or other tools that need to be integrated to do what 99% of course creators will need!
Of course, keep in mind that you will pay a transaction fee with the payment gateway you use (Stripe, PayPal,etc.), but that’s independent of Kartra.
3) What other platforms and services (and cost) can I ditch with Kartra?
Kartra is the most advanced all-in-one platform out there, and therefore can replace a LOT of platforms and tools you’d need to hook together otherwise.
Here is a non-exhaustive list with rough amount for reference sake:
Web Hosting (e.g Siteground,Bluehost): ~ $10/mo
Funnel building (e.g WordPress plugin, ClickFunnels): $30/mo
Email Marketing (e.g Mailchimp, ConverKit): $30/mo
Video hosting (e.g Wistia, Vimeo): $10/mo
Checkout & Affiliate System (e.g ThriveCart, SamCart): $30/mo
Calendar system (e.g Calendly, Acuity): $10/mo
Ticketing/Support system (e.g Chartra, Intercom): $10/mo
And of course online course delivery needs would be covered!
4) What if I’m not happy with it? Is there a money-back guarantee?
Kartra has a trial you get to take advantage of to get started, but also a 30 days money back guarantee!
So, like most platforms we review, it’s relatively easy and risk free to get started and play around with it!
5) Do I need a credit card to start a Kartra trial?
Kartra standard trial is 14 days for $1, but you can also easily double that trial period to 30 days.
Click below to get started!